The Broadmoor’s Wilderness Adventure Fishing Camp
Berwick Electric has had a long-standing relationship with the Broadmoor Hotel, as a preferred electrical contractor, for many of our 94 years in business. Quality of work, professionalism, responsiveness, and value of our services can all be attributed to sustaining this relationship throughout this period.
The Broadmoor Fishing Camp was a unique project. It involved upgrading the power and lighting for a historical Park County property located on the Tarryall River, near the 120,000 acre Lost Creek Wilderness area. This project consisted of:
- Renovating 7 sleeping cabins
- A Bathhouse renovation and addition
- A new Maintenance Building with laundry facilities that matches the rustic look of the surrounding buildings
- A new log cabin-style Fish House for fly tying and fish cleaning activities
- A Grand Lodge renovation and addition that included a commercial kitchen, a main dining room and the caretaker's residence
- Tripled the size of electrical service feeding to the property’s buildings
- Added a new light fixture package while maintaining the rustic nature of the décor
- Supplied electrical power to a nearby irrigation pump and stream feature pump
Challenges Presented by the Project
- Upgrading the electrical systems to meet current codes in the existing buildings that had been neglected and patched together for many years, while keeping the rustic look of this historical property in tact. During demolition, we even found an electrical panel that was sold by Sears Robuck and Company!
- The location of the project also created a unique challenge for coordination with the electrical utility entity, electrical inspections, and crew transportation, especially in the winter months of construction.
How Berwick Overcame these Challenges
- We were able to upgrade all the electrical systems to meet current codes, while keeping the rustic look and historical features of this property in tact.
- Although the location and winter weather made coordination difficult, we were able to handle crew transportation, inspections, and electrical utilities collaboration in a timely fashion and everything was completed on time and in perfect order.
Berwick Electric is proud to have been part of this unique project and of the finished product we provided.